English Teacher / Birmingham Campus
We are looking for an exceptional Part-time Language Arts Teacher to provide individualized, comprehensive, and engaging instruction in our one teacher to one student class setting. By using the one-to-one approach exclusively, Brightmont teachers are able to meet each student's individual needs and help as many students as possible reach their full academic potential.
As a Brightmont English Teacher, you will have the opportunity to make a difference for students, collaborate with other exceptional educators, and work in a purposeful and rewarding environment. Brightmont Academy is an accredited private school committed to helping each student achieve learning gains and develop confidence.
The Language Arts Teacher:
- Applies subject matter knowledge and expertise to offer positive feedback, engaging motivation, and coaching to promote high academic outcomes.
- employs innovative instructional methods and adjusts instructional strategies based on data and assessments to meet each student’s academic goals and learning needs.
- effectively promote student outcomes with evidence of recording course objectives, lesson coverage, a variety of formative and summative assessments that track student learning.
- makes learning fun and relevant while setting high expectations for student conduct and performance.
- maintains the confidentiality of student information and demonstrates positive professionalism in all communications on campus with students, parents, staff, and visitors.
- collaborates with colleagues, proactively sharing teaching resources, techniques, and methods.
- perform other duties as assigned.
English Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree; teaching certification preferred
- Ability to commit long-term to a part-time schedule M-F
- Maintain compliance with state and federal laws
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background and fingerprint checks
- Paid preparation time
- Paid professional development
- 401K program
teacher / educator / English / Language Arts / Social Studies / part time / instructor / history / professor / special education / reading /